Dobrian Dobrev is a UX designer based in Sofia, Bulgaria. He is currently working as the UX Lead for the Coca-Cola EMEA IT Marketing team. Dobrian was nominated for the ux-design-awards.com in 2017, has been a UX Mentor for the first-ever organized WebVR Incubator, has hosted lectures & masterclasses at WUC 2019, UX Istanbul 2019, UX Sofia 2017, UXify 2016, and is a published author on Medium.
Dobrian's session details
Designing Immersive Digital Stories - For AR, VR, MR
Virtual, augmented, and mixed reality technology allows us to immerse and experience the world beyond physicality or material objects. We achieve freedom by dematerializing experiences and interactions between people and objects. We are free to go places we couldn’t go before, meet people we couldn’t meet, witness an event which deemed impossible to experience, overcome constraints a medical condition could have brought.
As designers, we are currently faced with the challenge of bringing our skillset to the physical world. This talk showcases some techniques and resources when it comes to prototyping an immersive experience. We will also touch on how to structure and communicate Information Architecture within a spatial environment, as well as how to validate a VR/AR/MR prototype.
- Understand how to differentiate between designing a digital interface and a spatial interface (AR/VR/MR)
- Learn how to tell an immersive story for an experience that spans across the physical and digital world
- Translate this story into an interactive prototype that can be validated with potential users or stakeholders
Dobrian Dobrev answers...
I am in love with the idea of:
- Visiting Chandigarh, a milestone of Independent India, and an architectural milestone designed by Le Corbusier
- Meeting peers from one of the world’s most dynamic tech & UX community
- Visiting the country where my brother’s fiancee is from 🙂